When I grow up…

When I grow up…

As part of our Memoir Inquiry unit students enjoyed reading the story ‘Me…Jane.’ Patrick McDonnell tells the story of the young Jane Goodall and her special childhood toy chimpanzee named Jubilee. As the young Jane observes the natural world around her with wonder, she dreams of “a life living with and helping all animals,” until one day she finds that her dream has come true. As part of this idea of following your dreams, students penned what they wanted to do when they grew up. This piece of writing was composed in one session and has since been made into a class book. I am sure you will agree, their honestly is endearing! 

Miss DV

___________________________

When I grow up

When I grow up I want to be three things. 1. A waiter. 2. A policeman. 3. An artist. I will order peoples food. I will help people and I will draw portraits.

By Jake

___________________________

Doctor

When I grow up I want to be a doctor because I can help my family and people when they are sick.

Farmer

When I grow up I want to be a farmer because I can help animals and collect eggs and milk and take them to the shop and sell it.

By Thu

___________________________

When I grow up I want to be a car racer and I want to win lots of shiny cups at racing. I want to be the champion so that I can win big, big, BIG shiny cups and I can get lots of money so I can buy a very, very, VERY fast car, so I can win lots more cups!

By Abdul

___________________________

I want to be…

When I grow up I want to help poor people because they don’t have money or clothes.

By Ghala

___________________________

When I grow up I’m going to be in a rock band and I want to live in Paris because I can see the Eiffel Tower. When I was in a rock band I am going to make money. I have a good voice. When I am in Paris I am going to get a dog called Milly.

By Jasmine

___________________________

When I grow up I want to be in a rock bank and I want to go to Sydney so I can see my cousins.

Ayub. Y

___________________________

When I grow up I want to be a zoo keeper and I want to look after an elephant, giraffe, and a tiger, an alligator and a hippo.

By Emma

___________________________

When I grow up I want to be a hairdresser and a teacher and a swimming teacher so I can teach kids to swim. I want to be a rock star and work at my mum work. 

By Janus

___________________________

I want to be a teacher.

By Calen

___________________________ 

I want to be a teacher when I grow up because teachers are very important for kids, You can learn about good stuff and you can go on excursions.

By Ayda 

___________________________

When I grow up

When I grow up I want to help animals from danger because it is not ok to kill animals even if they are dangerous. I want to explore the wonderful world to find more about the great animals of the world. I also want to explore heavy weight animals.

By Vasilis

___________________________

When I grow up

When I grow up I want to be a person that does car racing at the age of 32. When I grow up I will get a nice car and lots of money.

By Ayub. M

___________________________

I want to be when I grow up

When I grow up I want to study to be a teacher and a scientist. I want to be a swimming teacher so I can teach kids. I want to be a zoo keeper so I can look after animals. I want to be an explorer so I can learn.

By Roanna

___________________________

Magic

When I grow up I want to be a magician. I will do lots of cool tricks. I will change things different colours.

By Barry

___________________________

An adventurer

When I grow up I want to travel in the whole world in a rocket ship and the colours are white and blue on the rocket ship.

By Nikita

___________________________ 

I want to be a doctor. Doctors help people if they are sick. I want to work at a restaurant and I do not want people to be hungry.

By Samira

___________________________

I want to be someone that helps people do things for people. I want to race a big car and its colour is yellow. I really want to be in a big running race.

By Ibrahim

___________________________

Police

When I grow up I’m going to be a policeman to save the world and to get bad guys and to help people so I save my family.

Farmer

When I grow up I want to be a farmer to help animals and to help animals to grow and help people.

By Omar

___________________________

I want to be a car racer. When I am 21. I can go fast, go, go, go. I like car racing. I can get lots of golds. I want to learn about car racing.

By Imran

___________________________

I like to be a teacher because I want to be a teacher.

By Fatima

___________________________

Magic

When I grow up I want to make people disappear. Make annoying people disappear. It will be awesome and I can make Cruze invisible. It will be awesome. 

By Angel

___________________________ 

Whey I grow up I want to work at Hungry jacks because I want to talk to people on the speaker. If I get fired I will work at KFC. If I get fired I will play football.

By Ky

One thought on “When I grow up…